Dear CCFT colleagues;
Both the CFT and CCFT have proudly endorsed Tony Thurmond for Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Tony’s opponent, Marshall Tuck, is the former CEO of the large charter school company Green Dot. He is a pro-privatization, anti-labor candidate who is extremely well funded.
Here is a list of local candidates that have been endorsed by the Central Labor Council:
- Salud Carbajal – Cong Dist 24
- Bill Ostrander – Asm Dist 35
- Jimmy Paulding – Sup District 2
- Bruce Gibson – Sup District 4
- Greg Clayton – Sheriff
- Judge Mike Cummins – District Attorney
- Tim Covello – Superior Court Judge
- Hernando Baltodano – Superior Court Judge
The Primary Election for these races is quickly approaching on June 5, 2018, and the battle lines are drawn. The outcome of the many of these races will be decided by the primary election, so please take the time to vote!
In addition, the statewide office and prop endorsements can be found here: http://calaborfed.org/endorsements/june-2018-primary-endorsements/
The online voter guide from CFT: The Educators Choice Online Voter Guide can be found on the CFT website here: http://www.cft.yourvoter.guide